Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 5.30pm
What Will Be Taught For This Excel Data Analysis Course?
Take your Power BI knowledge to the next level with this Advanced Power BI, a powerful cloud-based service that helps analyst visualize and share insights from their data. Learn about advanced data visualisation techniques that can take your reports and dashboards beyond the basics. Know how the languages such as M can be used to extend that standard data extraction and transformation capabilities of Power BI.
Module 1. Quick Recap on PowerBI
- Working with PowerBI Desktop
- Working with PowerBI.com
- Publishing reports on PowerBI.com
- Working with Dashboards in PowerBI.com
- Pinning Visuals, Live Pages
- Creating Dashboard
- Sharing Contents among other users
Module 2. Power BI Desktop Queries
- Power BI Query Editor as an ETL tool (Extract, Transform, Load)
- Power BI desktop queries - The Advanced Editor (Using M script)
- Shaping Data
- Common Data Shaping techniques
- Combining Data
- Append Queries
- Merge Queries
- Best practices for Shaping Data
Module 3. Understanding Join Types
- Types of Relationships: One-to-Many, Many-to-One, One-to-One
- Handling Many-to-Many relationships
- Active-vs-Inactive Relationships
- Cross-Filter Direction and Its effect on Results
- Join Types
Module 4. DAX Measures
- Creating Quick Measures
- Working with DAX functions
- DAX Functions categories
- Time Intelligence Functions
Module 5. Data Visualizations
- Good practices for creating Data Visualizations
- Creating Power BI reports with suitable Data Visualizations
- Working with properties of Data Visualization
- Understanding and changing Interactions of Data Visualizations
- Importing Custom Visuals of different types
- Using Custom Visuals to enhance Power BI Reports
Module 6. Case Studies
Who Should Attend This Excel Data Analysis Course?
Business User, Data Analyst or Professional who needs to observe changes in data patterns, understand the performance of their investments and illustrate it through a dashboard.
- Attended NICF – Data Visualization with Power BI (SF)
- Usage of MS Power BI, with skillset such as:
- Connect to a dataset,
- Create a simple data model,
- Produce a basic dashboard.
|w/o GST||w GST|
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT/CHANGE of VENUE
- 2 to 4 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
- Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
- ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.